|White Mountain Democrats||Little Colorado Democrats|
Item by Item Background on Impeachment Petition
1. Emoluments from foreign dictators: Trump violates this clause by maintaining hotels and other operations (without a blind trust) in many countries, doing business with Russian dictator Putinís government and others in violation of the U.S. Constitution.
2. Insulted Allies and Undercut North Atlantic Alliance. Trump had very hostile conversations with the leaders of Australia and Mexico. The insult to Australia was so glaring that Republican senators reached out to Australia to apologize. Trump has also undercut NATO in saying that he may not respond to defend countries that did not pay their share.
3. Campaign Support from a hostile nation: Russia. This timeline details Russiaís involvement in support of Trumpís campaign. It lists the Trump campaign people who were involved in discussions with Russia during the illegal hacking. Though Trumpís public request that Russia hack his opponents may have been somewhat facetious, there are now calls to remove the security clearance of Trump National Security Adviser Michael Flynn for his improper contacts with Russia.
4. Incompetent Hacks Above Our Generals Trump placed his campaign chief Steve Bannon on the Principles Committee of the National Security Council and removed the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
5. Besmirched the reputation of the United States. When Putin was criticized as a murder, Trump stated that America was not innocent either. Trumpís comments were sharply rebuked by his Republican colleagues
6. Wanton and dishonest conduct.
For the first time in history, newspapers are daily calling out Trumpís lies.
7. Making laws by decree. Trump has attempted several things without the necessary consent of Congress, in particular ordering work to begin on a wall along the Mexican Border.
8. Insulted the Judiciary Trump has a habit of attacking judges, must recently Judge James L. Robart for overturning his travel ban.
9. Stripped government of civil servants, conducted business in amateurish manner.
Trump fired nearly all of the top non-political officers at the State Department, then issued a ďjointĒ statement with Mexico without sharing it with that country.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/theres-a-key-difference-between-the-u-s-and-mexican-statements-about-the-border-wall-202055048.html 10. Appointed incompetent people.
His secretary of education, for one, knows nothing about public schools, and didnít know that the Individuals With Disabilities Education Act was a federal law.
11. Refused blind trust, to disclose tax returns. boasts of great wealth and not paying taxes.
12. Attacks on Freedom of the Press
13. Threatened lives by attacking health care with no replacement plan
|Home | Contacts | Links|